Thursday, June 6, 2013

Good for another year

We got moved to our little site the CGNHP provides us while we volunteer. This year we pulled into the site to give us a little more privacy, and everything worked out well. Except the trees have grown some and I haven't been able to find the satellite for direct TV. So we ordered a Winegard Carryout so maybe it will find the satellite and we will have TV again. I get to set it up today.

 The 4th was my annual doctor appointment, and my eye appointment, and the 5th I had ex-rays, and an appointment to have a place removed from my right armpit so we got a room at the Hyatt and spent the night in Lexington.

 The Dr appointment went well, he refilled all my meds and gave me a good examination. He found an irregularity in my prostate so he referred me to an urologist which I got to see on the 5th. He found the same irregularity and decided it was nothing major but we needed to keep an eye, (or finger) on it so I go back next year.

 The eye doctor said all was well and my prescription hadn't changed much since my last exam and he wrote me a presciption so I could get new glasses. I spent the rest of the day with my eyes dilated so I was fighting the sunshine, but that part was all over and done with. A trip to Sam's club and I now have a new set of glasses being sent to me.

 Then we checked into the Hyatt, it is connected to Rupp Arena where the UK wildcats play their home basketball games. A huge place, a very over priced hotel, and down town Lexington. After we got settled in the room I took a nap hoping my eyes would be back to normal when I got up. The nap wasn't long enough but it was time to eat so we started walking around the area looking for a place to eat.

 I have never felt more like a fish out of water as I did walking around amongst all those big buildings, handicapped by dilated eyes. We passed by several pubs with tables on the sidewalks, but nothing really jumped out and said eat here. After a while we came upon one pub and I sat down and said how about here? Marcia was quick to notice the 93 score by the health department and said no. So we made it back to the hotel parking lot and took the truck, we wound up at MacDonald's because they had easy parking.

 After a sleepless night, (I like my bed, and my pillows) we headed to the VA hospital to get ex-rays, meds filled, and EKG, and general surgery. There were a few mix-ups so I was able to see the urologist between all the other appointments I had to do. The problem spot in my armpit doesn't seam to be a problem any more so we all (the doctors, Marcia and myself) elected to remove a cyst from my back that had been getting larger and bothering me, so into surgery I went.

 They just numbed it to cut it out, I think they used something like a plasma cutter to cut it out. They put a "grounding" patch on my leg and every time she started cutting I heard a sound very much like a welding machine makes when someone is welding. Then the worst part came, I smelled the burning flesh, and knew it was my flesh that was burning. But all went well, I wasn't hurt too much, the cyst was gone, and the doctor got a little experience.

 Now we are back home and I'm having another sleepless night, but the doctors should be done for another year when we get to repeat it all again, less the surgery...............
OK I'm not writing a book so until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.