Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer is here

  With all the crazy weather we have been having in the US the past few years it is hard to say what the normal weather should be at any given time or place. We left KW thinking we could follow the warmth as it migrated north. Well we were wrong, we did avoid any 30's, but we had 40's a couple times since leaving KW. With the low hitting 57 while we were in KW we have seen colder temps in May and June, but summer is officially here and we "should" be good to go until next year.

  We are close to half way through our volunteer position here at the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park this year, and the buck list of things to get done here is no where close to being half way. I keep trying to figure out where the time goes and what we have done since we have been here and all I can see is we eat a lot.

 We have done a few things, the Gap Cave tour is one we do every year, and this year Miss Jaelynn was able to go. She enjoyed it but not as enthused as I thought she would be. We also spent fathers day with Jenelle and Corey at Hensley's settlement. Several people were dressed in era clothes and demonstrating how they lived there back in the early 1900's. Marcia and Corey had a booth set up selling wares for Eastern National, and Jenelle and I wandered around seeing and learning about how life was 100 years ago on top of the mtn.

 I think I have pretty much got all my doctors appointments set up to do when we are here, and this year everything is going really well. I had cyst removed from my back, had my ex-rays, and my annual doctor appointment. Next week I do the follow up on the surgery, and the first week in July I will do my hearing tests. I think I will wind up getting hearing aids because everyone I know has started talking softer and quieter.

 We will be here until the 1st day of Aug. + or - a day, and where we go from here all depends on the "etch-a-sketch". The only plans so far is being back in Key West the first week in Oct so Marcia can start her camp-hosting position. That allows us 2 months to get to KW, I guess I'll have to rush a bit but I think we can do it........................

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You have a really great site! I'm glad to have stumbled upon it! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.