Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MOVING IN

We have been loading the Kountry Star for the past few days. Finding places to put things have been a real challenge for me. Marcia has plenty of room inside the new rig, and I have had to ask her to find a place for several things that I had stored in the basement of the Santara.

We did take some time off yesterday to ride down to Apollo Beach to watch the Manatees. Walt did the driving and Donna Marcia and myself just sit back and enjoyed the ride. We were impressed at Apollo Beach by the number of Stingrays we saw jumping out of the water. I wasted almost a whole roll of film in my digital camera trying to catch one in mid air. I'll post some pictures when I find my camera, moving things into the Kountry Star the camera got hidden.

After the manatee and stingray watching we went to Circles for dinner. It was a really nice place, and a little on the pricey side, but the food was awesome. we all had something different and everyone commented about how good it was. The waitress was on the ball too, so even thought it was a little pricey I would recommend it to anyone.

Today I had to take the Kountry Star to Cummings to have the exhaust pipe and mud flap replaced. Heinze had already had everything lined out with Cummings so all I had to do was take the rig to the shop. The shop manager and I aligned the new tail pipe so it wouldn't damage anything else back there. (they replaced the too long tail pipe with a too short tail pipe that burned a hole in the mudflap)

Today we loaded almost everything into the new rig. All that remains in the storage unit is some empty boxes, and a few things we will have to carry around in the tracker until we make it back to KY, and a couple things that we will leave in the Santara.

Now that everything will be finished with the moving stuff we will be able to start ENJOYING our new home. We will spend a couple hours tomorrow finishing up and cleaning out the storage unit and then we are heading back to Wachula. We only got to spend one night there last month so we will go back and spend a couple nights before we head up to Bushnell for a couple weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful move. Now take time to enjoy your new home. We are so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We completely second Bobbie & Jim's comments! Congratulations to you both!!!! Enjoy away now!!!! So very, very happy for both of you!
    And I can hardly wait to see those stingray photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.