Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leaving the Tampa area

After spending a week at the Hampton Inn and suites next to Lazy Days we were evicted, really they already had the room reserved for tonight and the next several nights due to the Florida State fair being close by, so we headed south to Port Charlotte. We need to be here tomorrow anyway to transfer the $$ for the new to us Kountry Star.

Tomorrow we do all the paperwork on the MH, here in Port Charlotte we will do the $$ part and then head to the DMV to get the title done. After all has been done with the papers we will head to Sebring where Heinze and Anne-Lise will spend their last night in the MH and we will take possession as soon as they sign all the papers on their new to them park model and empty the Kountry Star out. I know this way is not the norm, but then I rarely do anything within the norm standards. This was the way we could get all the running done before the weekend, and we didn't want to wait until next week.

Today I spent most of the day at the VA hospital getting appointments set up. If the VA is going to treat me for free I might as well take full advantage of the opportunity. Marcia spent the day watching cars crash. There was a multi car crash on Bruce B Downs and Fletcher Blvd as we left the red light this AM. We could have been involved if we had set a few seconds longer after the light turned green. While I was in the hospital getting appointments Marcia waited in the car with Leo near that intersection and witnessed two other crashes there.

We had stayed near lazy Days because a lot of our friends were there, and because I wanted to be near the Santara to ensure things were getting done. After talking to Ellen (the service rep) yesterday I feel confident the insurance company will screw me some more with it. The steam cleaning didn't work so the next step will be removing the ceiling and replacing it at a cost of about $9,000.00. that is going to bring the total cost (this time) to over $20,000.00 and I doubt if I can get that much for it when we sell it. I talked with Shorelines insurance adjuster yesterday and he was wandering why they were spending so much money on a MH that old, I am wandering the same thing, and the only explanation I can come up with is the insurance adjusters I have been dealing with just want to stimulate the economy.

Last night we got to sit down with Tom and Paula at Cracker Barrel. I think it was the first time that we got to spend any time with just the four of us. All the times we have been together it has always been with several others. It was really a pleasure to just visit with them for the couple hours that we did. As much as we always enjoy gatherings where classmates are together it is also nice to spend time with classmates without a crowd.

I really hope my next post will have pictures of our NEW TO US motorhome, and it will be OURS. This waiting is beginning to take its toll on both of us.........

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you two. Congratulations on your new home. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.