We left the RGV last week because the weather really stunk the 3+ weeks we were there. I knew I wanted and needed warmer weather with less rain, and thought that if the bad weather down there was because we were there we would leave so our friends down there could enjoy better weather.
We waited until we saw a break in the weather to where we thought we could make it to FL without getting caught in any sn**, (I just hate even typing that word). And it worked out really well for us. We had pretty good weather all the way, and wit rain forecast for today in AL, we left yesterday.
We are now sitting in the SKP Park near Bushnell FL where we spent much of last winter. The good part about being here is that Marcia doesn't have to work, and we can move the rig further south when those nasty cold fronts drop down this low.
We will spend tomorrow with friends in Ocalla, and Saturday we go look at a "new to us" motorcoach. It is a 40 footer with three slides. If we like it and can negotiate the right deal we will buy it and switch everything from this one to that one while we are here.
If we don't work out a deal we may still fly to Nashville to look at one up there. Although the one here is made by a company in AL that stayed in business throughout the hardest times in the RV industry, so I really like that, and the costumer service with this manufacturer is outstanding.
I will have to start dealing with our insurance company again about the roof on the Santara, and I'm really not looking forward to that. We really hope the insurance company decides the cost to repair this one is too much, and they will buy it from us.
We are hoping we can get everything lined out and we can spend some time in Key West FL. I really want to be down there when the next cold front rolls through, or at least by my birthday. I will keep you posted as to what happens with the insurance company, and to where we are. Until the next time, be safe and ENJOY......
Lies Your RV Dealer Told You
6 hours ago