Thursday, September 10, 2009

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Wednesday was the day we were to pick up the rig, but when we pulled into Shoreline's driveway and we saw they had just started putting the rubber down on the roof we knew it was going to be another day. However I did keep my word and got Marcia out of MO. We drove up to St Joseph, and then back down to Atchison KS where we found a really nice motel with a super nice pool, hot tub, and sauna. The only bad thing was we had no Verizon service, but we survived!

Today we picked the rig up and headed west. I'm not 100% satisfied with the roof, but I will have to wait to see how it turns out once the sun hits it a few days. I did take pictures, and I will send them to the adjuster to see what he thinks, after all they just forked out over $8K to get it RE-DONE, and they paid about that much back in March of 08. I really think Shoreline gouged the insurance company on this one.

We drove southwest until we reached Emporia KS where we are spending the night in a closed down department store parking lot. We were here a few months ago and saw an old bus, and a newer RV sitting in the parking lot. Marcia talked to the owners of the RV and they said they had been here for almost two years, and they are still here now. That isn't my ideal of having fun while living in an RV. The bus is used as storage I think, anyway nobody lives in it.

Tomorrow we will be heading SW again, we are wanting to get to Dodge City in a few days. Marcia wants to see Matt, and I will be looking for Miss Kitty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.