Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA

First off I want to wish the United States of America a very Happy Birthday, second I want to wish the Escapees RV Club a happy birthday. Now thank you too all the men and women that have served in the armed forces for their service, and a special thank you to the ones that are serving now.

Can you imagine where this country would be if nobody stepped up and served the country? I also know some were forced to serve, and others volunteered, and today they all volunteered. THANK YOU GUYS AND GALS. Would we be like Iraq, Iran, China, Russia, or would we be under the control of several countries?

As bad as you and I think the United States has gotten, I still think it is the best choice as to a place to live and raise a family. I think a lot about going to Mexico to live, my dollar would go a lot farther each month, and my kids are all grown so I wouldn't worry about that part. The summers would be hot, but the winters would be nice. Maybe I should think about spending the winters in Mexico and the summers in the US.

Anyway, back to today, we had 46 people turn out for the raccoon Valley RV Park 4th of July cookout. we had hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, chips, cake, and tea or coffee. I know I ate way too much for one meal, and for $4 I think it was a bargain.

That all happened after The park feed us a pancake breakfast with all you can eat pancakes, sausage, juice, and coffee this morning. Marcia didn't cook and we didn't leave the park today, so it was a good day.

Now I'm relaxing, while I should be out walking off all the food I ate today. The only thing missing was the watermelon. My grand paw never would buy a watermelon until the 4th of July, he claimed they weren't ready until then, but I really think he wouldn't spend the money until then because they used to drop the price after the 4th.

Maybe tomorrow I will go out and buy a big watermelon.


I just want to say, I hope everyone gets to celebrate the 4th with the 5th, or a 5th if that is their choosing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, just please keep it clean and no SPAM.